Put in your agenda the Helsinki Conference:
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2020
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2020
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2020
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
Join the mailing list for ACUUS 2020 Helsinki Conference: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/ACUUS_2020_mailing
Theme of the Conference: “Deep Inspiration”
- - Wake-up call keynote: Peter Vesterbacka, FinEst Bay.
He is “the face” of the Helsinki – Tallinn tunnel project. Peter Vesterbacka is a global entrepreneur from the Heart of Eurasia, Helsinki, Finland. Branded communities co-created and initiated by Peter include the HP Bazaar, Mobile Monday, Slush and Startup Sauna to name a few. He was the Mighty Eagle at Angry Birds for many years taking that brand to unprecedented heights. Peter is also currently adjunct professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Tongji University, one of the leading universities in China. In 2011 Time Magazine named Peter one of the 100 most influential people on the planet.
- Architectural / Design / Planning keynote: Tuomas Silvennoinen, Owner, Design director, PES-Architects Helsinki – Shanghai (https://www.pesark.com/projects.html)
- - Underground infrastructure keynote: Jinxiu (Jenny) Yan, actual ITA President
- Pending requests regarding London Crossrail project and UN-Habitat
Mr. Ilkka Vähäaho has agreed to chair the Scientific Committee and also be the editor of the proceedings. Mr. Vähäaho graduated as a Civil Engineer from the Technical University of Helsinki, Finland in 1979. He has 40-year experience in foundation and rock engineering at the City of Helsinki and has been the Head of Geotechnics since 1997.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Schedule for Scientific submissions :
- February 10, 2020 - Abstract submission deadline
- March 9, 2020 - Abstract notification
- May 4, 2020 - Full papers deadline
- June 8, 2020 - Full papers notification
- June 18, 2020 - Presenting author payment deadline
- August 3, 2020 - Camera ready paper deadline
If your abstract gets accepted we will then request a full paper (template will be provided later on). Please note that the final acceptance will be made based on the full papers. Final notifications will be sent by June 8, 2020. Accepted papers will be INDEXED and published via IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science
Schedule for Practical / Technical track:
- February 10, 2020 - Presentation proposal submission deadline
- March 9, 2020 - Notification of Acceptance
- June 18, 2020 - Presenting author payment deadline. Final acceptance will be made based on the presentation proposal submission. It is possible for practical / technical track authors to submit also a full paper. Those full papers will be not indexed but they will be published in the conference online programme.
Instructions for submissions : Abstract/proposal submission can be done via the website only (https://acuus2020.exordo.com/login)
IOP (IOP Conference Series – Scopus coverage). Agreement will be signed during December
Exhibition map is announced in the website together with prices for the individual sponsorship items.
Technical visit Excursion:
Ferry has been reserved for the excursion to Tallinn. FinEst Bay has promised to give a presentation regarding Helsinki-Tallinn Tunnel project. RIL/SAFA will contact their sister organizations in Tallinn to organize a site visit, etc. at Tallinn.
REGISTRATION FEE CATEGORIES
Early Bird registration before June 18, 2020
Member of ACUUS / FTA / RIL / SAFA / Scientific committee: 570 € + VAT 24 %
Non-member: 650 € + VAT 24 %
Registration after June 18, 2020
Member of ACUUS / FTA / RIL / SAFA / Scientific committee: 650 € + VAT 24 %
Non-member: 740 € + VAT 24 %
One Day Fee: 450 € + VAT 24 %
Master Students: 300 € + 24 VAT %
Late (on site) fee: 780 € + VAT 24 %
Please note that Value Added Tax 24 % will be added to all invoices by law.
Registrations are personal and can not be split between two people.
Mailing list: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/ACUUS_2020_mailing